Monday, August 8, 2011

What's a good sewing machine for a non-beginner?

I have just killed my white sewing machine (as in I knocked it off the table and it broke the frame and jacked up the bobbin. It was a cheap White 3032 I bought for under $100, shook like crazy, but got the job done. I also own a Janome L392 that my husband bought for me 10 years ago for $600. It has never worked right, and although it purrs when it decides it wants to stitch, it mostly just infuriates me so bad I want to throw it across the room. So, I need a new sewing machine! I am not a beginner. I don't want anything computerized or that threads the needle for me. I use my machine nearly daily. I mend, make quilts, sew dresses, curtains, etc. I need something that will hold up well, runs smoothly, and isn't expensive. I don't need a lot of fancy stitches or anything - I just need a workhorse! I've looked at several reviews, but honestly, I don't know the first place to start. Anyone have any advice, so I can get back to making Christmas presents?

No comments:

Post a Comment