Sunday, August 14, 2011

How do you know if you did good in a soccer game?

I never grew up watching soccer. I'm used to other American sports. Recently though my friend showed me a Messi highlightape on youtube. I thought it was awesome. I loved all his skills and goals. So I commited myself to watching Argentina in the WC. However, Messi didnt do SH*T lol. He didn't score the entire cup. One of my friends (who watches soccer regularly) said "yeah he didnt score but he had some good games." My question is how do you know? In Football if Adrian Peterson racked up 150 yards rushing and 35 yards receiving without any touchdowns, I'd still say he had a really good game. If Steve Nash only had 8 points yet had 20 ist, 9 steals and 10 rebounds, I'd still say he had a great game. How do you know in soccer? I like Messi's highlight tapes but man he's kind of a let down in the games.

No comments:

Post a Comment