Sunday, August 14, 2011

Need a little feedback and advice concerning my writing?

This is the best piece of work I've seen of yours and, I think, the most original idea. The action descriptions work well for me and the dialog is great. All the actions are clear and logical. You're handling attributions very well. I love the Bradwin character, no chance of having to wonder who's talking with that dialog. You got a comment about scene setting but I don't see the need for more of that in this. When you get Q some place where there is a scene to describe, you can do that. As far as the description of a dragon, that has to be up to the writer but when you diverge from an accepted canon (like dragons have scales, not fur) you probably will need somewhere later to cover either that people are foolish thinking of scales or possibly there are other kinds of dragons or, maybe fur is an adolescent transitional stage. None of this matters for this section. It's ok to challenge your readers expectations as long as you give them a good story. This one is starting out really well. Keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment